Pages

Friday, 16 March 2012

Update from Holland!

Well, because a lot of you guys asked about a bigger update, here it comes....

I`m not gonna tell again about how the planning of the days look like, because it`s very much the same everyday, its just that sometimes we make longer days, then others. And no, I still don`t regret my choice, I`m finally getting the feeling of getting settled and comfortable with everything and liking it more and more.

The day pretty much look like haltering horses, saddling, cleaning, and of course riding the lesson with Marrigje or Marlies. Right now we have a mare that's going to have a foal pretty soon, I look forward to see the little new horse.
Marlies is going on competition this weekend, the championships for Holland, so there is a lot to do in the stables, some have a day of, and one other is going with Marlies for grooming. Last week a saw a bit of Marlies`s training and wow, its amazing to look at! Just saw a bit of the passage/piaff and its was amazing! Otherwise, I see a lot of the world/netherland`s dressage top everyday and sometimes the water just escapes your mouth without knowing it....you know...


But, after having Dancer to ride for a couple of times, I learned much, but now I have been riding the international prix st georg horse Akatschi the last 3 days, and that is where the learning fase took a big step foreward. Akatschi is 22 years old and the learning horse. He is a trakhener stallion and such a nice horse. I like him very much. First time i rode him, I really had to take the time to learn to handle his movements. And yesterday it was such nice weather so we where riding in the outdoor in our Tshirts, and he went so well! We did try some piruettes, half pass in trott, and other nice things and it went just very well. Also nice that Marrigje mentioned  that I made a lot of progress the last week. It`s nice to get compliments of several riders here, and also compliments for my working.

Akatschi

Today we did half pass in canter, made some changes and I got a lot of new tips from Marrigje :)) 
I got homework from her, because my riding is not "planned" enough. I really have to prepare my lines much more, because right now I just ride anywhere and it makes me not ride consequent and aware enough. And the bad thing is, that I know it, but I`m so concentrated that I forget it most of the time. So tomorrow I`m going to prepare my riding including warming up, what do I want to do. Preparing my lines and getting aware of my own riding. So I`m really gonna work hard on that now! 

Zigeuner is curious ! 
  
Yeah and last Wednesday I had a day of, so on Tuesday night i left Brakel and went to Hoorn, to visit Astrid and her fam. It`s so nice to stay with them, and it`s good to come out and be around my fam. I really appreciate the way they take me in on. 
I also took photo`s of Astid`s Zancho and of Ben, the horse from someone who wanted me to take photo`s. 
I really had a nice day, and though I like it at DVB, I left with led in my shoes.  

So now, I have to work this weekend, and though it`s gonna get busy, I`m looking forward to a new day! Now I`m gonna find my bed! Good night everyone :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment